WE NEED YOUR HELP! PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO YOUR DISTRIBUTION LISTS SO WE CAN MAKE SURE THIS REACHES EVERYONE IN THE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS FIELD ACCROSS NEVADA!
I am pleased to announce the formation of the Nevada Emergency Preparedness Association or (NEPA). Attached you will find the bylaws and flyer for you to review and handout. The mission of the Nevada Emergency Preparedness Association is to facilitate assistance and cooperation among Nevada jurisdictions, tribes and other stakeholders with emergency management/public safety issues and to promote professional standards among the membership. Together, we share common goals as the leaders and practitioners in Preparedness, Prevention, Response, Recovery, Mitigation, and Protection in Nevada. Our values are teamwork, professionalism, and excellence in all that we do.
We will be focusing on a couple items in the near future:
1) NEPA membership: Please join! With your NEPA membership comes an attractive membership card, logo sticker and the ability to use the logo on your email signature line to encourage preparedness.
2) Further promotion of the association across the state. We will be relying upon our chapter directors and members to push out information to all in Nevada and give them an opportunity to join their emergency preparedness association. Please utilize the attached filer and join our endeavor.
3) We have also been in conversation with NDEM in co-sponsoring the Emergency Management conference with the Nevada Division of Emergency Management. I am proud to announce that NEPA has found a conference chair and that is Yuri Graves. NEPA looks forward to working with NDEM, the host jurisdiction and regional chapter on this endeavor. If you would like to participate on this committee you must be a member of the organization and email Yuri at Yuri.Graves@cityofhenderson.com. We are very thankful to have the opportunity to be a part of this event.
4) We have also been working with chapter directors on co-sponsoring chapter events. Chapter Directors are listed below. More information on this soon.
5) There is another arm to NEPA and that is the advocacy for preparedness and the profession. We are standing up and Advocacy Committee chaired by Carolyn Levering. This committee will be working with private organizations, nonprofit, local, state and federal governments advocating for preparedness and the profession statewide. If you would like to participate on this committee you must be a member of the organization and email Carolyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions please contact an executive board member below. If you would like to join NEPA please mail your payments to:
Nevada Emergency Preparedness Association
PO Box 230884
Las Vegas, NV 89105.
If your organization requires a W-9 to be filled out please send that request to Bud Marshall at email@example.com. We are working to accept credit card payments soon and will update you on when that can occurs.
Ryan Turner – President (Ryan.Turner@cityofhenderson.com)
Dave Fogerson – Vice President (DFogerson@eastforkfire.org)
Joe Curtis – Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bud Marshall – Treasurer (email@example.com)
Aaron Kenneston – Western (firstname.lastname@example.org)
John Steinbeck – Southern (John.Steinbeck@ClarkCountyNV.gov)
Brian Burgess – Eastern (email@example.com)
Yuri Graves – Annual Conference (Yuri.Graves@cityofhenderson.com)
Carolyn Levering – Advocacy (firstname.lastname@example.org)